Leadership Structure (2017-18)
For information about the roles and responsibilities of the members of our leadership team, please see below:
Mrs h redford-hernandez - Headteacher
Leadership, Strategic Direction and Accountability
School vision, strategy and ethos and policy framework
School Improvement and Development Plan
Key priorities - Raise achievement in all subjects, with a focus on Progress and Attainment 8, closing the gap between Pupil Premium funded students and non-Pupil Premium funded students; oversee the management of all operations; implement the national reforms; lead on Progress Over Time meetings; develop the quality of leadership and management across the school; develop partnerships to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment through our role as Teaching School and Research School, implement robust appraisal to support achievement, rationalise the curriculum to ensure that curriculum-financial planning leads to an affordable but personalised curriculum; work with the governing body to develop the strategic direction of the school and the development of a multi-academy trust.
Preparation for Ofsted, Reports to Governors and school SEF - overall effectiveness, leadership and management.
SEF – Overview of all Areas (Completion of Self-evaluation form)
Statutory and Legal Responsibilities - Academy Status/Trust Status
Admissions Policy - overview
Equal Opportunities, Policy and Practice
Vulnerable Students, pupil premium
Looked After Children, Child Protection and Welfare
mrs l pond - deputy headteacher
Mrs L Pond - Deputy Headteacher
Director of Teaching School, and Strategic Lead for CPD
- Working with governors, headteacher and strategic partners to formulate the overall aims and objectives for the Teaching Schoo/Research School.
- Development of a sound strategic Teaching School business plan.
- Development and bringing to market innovative professional development programmes for teachers, leaders and trainee teachers.
- Quality assurance of all Teaching School outcomes.
- Implementation of creative and effective approaches to teaching and learning which impact on student progress.
- Development of creative partnerships to enhance educational opportunities for students ( Maths Hub, SCITT).
mrs j rivers - deputy headteacher
Mrs J Rivers - Deputy Headteacher
Director Of Achievement and Inclusion
- Oversight of Key Stages 3 and 4 attainment and progress
- Oversight and management of Key Stages 3 and 4 Interventions
- Alignment of Key Stages 3 and 4 pastoral achievement systemS
- Development of the student leadership programme
- Oversight and monitoring of alternative provision, independent advice and guidance
- Oversight and monitoring of student rewards linked to House System
- Oversight of transition of Key Stages 2 to 3 – Key Stages 3 to 4, post-16 and mid-year transition
- Implementation of strategies to improve performance of SEND students
- Curriculum Strategic Lead for the development of a House System linked to rewards
- Oversight of pastoral events and interventions which support achievement: attendance, punctuality, attitudes to learning and behaviour
mr p allman - assistant headteacher
Mr P Allman - Assistant Headteacher
Director for Student Achievement, Assessment, Reporting, and Data
- Strategic lead for school data, including processes for quality assurance.
- Development of all aspects of Go4 Schools.
- Preparation and moderation of data for all governor committees, Headteacher's report and target setting.
- Oversight and development of Assessment Without Levels (tracking system only).
- Assessment, recording and reporting – SRGs, RoAs.
- Preparation of data for exam reviews and POT meetings.
- Monitoring of all groups of students including PP, SEND, gender, HATs, MATs, LATs.
- Oversight of Parent View and parental Surveys.
- SMSC - review and audit the quality of SMSC, fundamental British values
- Strategic Lead for the development of the curriculum; including Progress 8, enrichment, SMSC
- Oversight of timetable including construction and scheduling of timetable
- Oversight and implementation of the option process with Assistant Headteacher ARR
- Oversight and co-ordination of end of year examinations and mocks
mrs s parker-browne - assistant headteacher
Mrs S Parker-Browne - Assistant Headteacher
Director and Strategic Lead for Teaching, Learning, Appraisal, and QA of teaching and learning.
- Development of all aspects of teaching and learning
- Assessment for learning, Thinking skills, New Technologies
- Development and implementation of school coaching programme
- Oversight of homework and independent learning
- Setting up of programmes for NQTs, RQTs, PGCEs and ITTs
- Quality assurance of teaching and learning
- Student Voice Teaching and learning Displays
- Strategic lead for quality assurance of Appraisal objectives
- Development of Learning to Learn programme
- Quality assurance of all aspects of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Mrs s hunt - associate assistant headteacher
Mrs S Hunt - Extended Leadership -
Associate Assistant Headteacher
Literacy and Numeracy
Miss h tredgett - associate assistant headteacher
Miss H Tredgett - Extended Leadership -
Associate Assistant Headteacher
Pupil Premium Champion, Enrichment, and Inclusion
mr j bromilow - director of operations & compliance
Mr J Bromilow - Extended Leadership -
Director of Operations & Compliance
mrs r wilcox - director of finance
Mrs R Wilcox - Financial Director -
Associate Member of SLT