Our Aims & Values
We believe that all students are unique individuals and are of equal worth; everyone can achieve and has a contribution to make; and education works best when it is a close partnership between the school, the students, and the home.
From this premise, we set out to develop independent, caring, enquiring, morally responsible, adaptable, and well-qualified young people prepared for life and work beyond school. We seek to ensure that every young person leaves the school with an enjoyment of learning, and an understanding of the importance of learning in their future lives.
The school’s aims are:
- to develop the potential of all students - their knowledge, skills, and understanding - through an appropriate and relevant curriculum incorporating legal requirements
- to use methods of learning and teaching which meet individual needs, develop feelings of confidence, bring success, and maximise students’ standards of achievement
- to foster a caring, well-behaved community where students:
- are well behaved and self-disciplined
- feel they belong and are valued, are happy, and emotionally secure so that they are able to explore their feelings within a positive environment
- value their own health and wellbeing
- learn co-operation, tolerance, and mutual respect, and involve themselves fully in the life of the community
- strive for quality and excellence in all aspects of school life
- to provide clean, stimulating, and safe surroundings which enhance learning and foster respect for the environment.
- to encourage a positive and active partnership with parents and the wider community.