The department believes that by having a flexible approach to the course we can meet your needs and help you to achieve to the best of your potential. This is achieved by studying both content from the separate science course and co teaching the combined course alongside it. By studying this course, you will be able to access all of the material that will allow you to achieve any GCSE grade 9-1 and also access any KS5 science course. Decisions as to which course students will be entered for will be made at a later date in Year 11 when more information on your child has been obtained.
GCSE Separate Science / GCSE Combined Science Trilogy
What will I learn?:
- Cell biology
- Infection and response
- Homeostasis and response
- Inheritance, variation and evolution
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Bonding, structure and the properties of matter
- Quantitative chemistry
- Chemical changes
- The rate and extent of chemical change
- Organic chemistry
- Chemical analysis
- Chemistry of the atmosphere
- Using resources
- Energy changes
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Particle model of matter
What skills will I develop?
- To plan your own individual science investigation, selecting appropriate apparatus to use and controlling key variables
- To collect accurate and valid data
- To analyse and evaluate the data obtained and the method used.
How will this course help me in the future?
Any career that requires a science qualification, e.g. mechanics, healthcare, electrician, beautician.
The course will also allow natural progression to science A-levels. Careers which require scientific qualifications include medicine, veterinary science, environmental and conservation work, sports science, and food science.