Starting at Hungerhill Pack
Monday 29th June 2020 - Your 'Starting at Hungerhill pack' has been posted out to your home address (as per the address given when you applied for your place). In the pack there you will find:
1) Covering letter with an update about Transition from Mrs Pond and Mr Hickin
2) 'Getting started at Hungerhill' booklet - this is aimed at parents but has lots of information in that your children will also want and need to know. If contains lots of information about starting at Hungerhill and features a detailed FAQs section at the back. These are, from experience, questions that are common for parents in your position each year. All of the information that we would have given at tonight's Parents Information Evening has been included in the booklet - we hope you find this a useful resource
3) 'Starting life at Hungerhill' booklet - this is for Year 6 students and is a brand new booklet that has been developed especially for this year. We hope that this, along with the video resources that will be released over the coming days via primary schools, will go some way to bridging the gap left by us being unable to run the three transition days in school. There is lots of information and a number of tasks for your child to work through to help prepare them for joining us in September. We would like them to complete the booklet and bring it with them on their first day in September to hand in to their Form Tutor
4) 'About me' profile sheet (yellow) - this is something that we would like your child to work through to tell us some key information about them as people. We would like them to hand this in to their Form Tutor on their first day in September; this will help their Form Tutor to get to know them as quickly as possible
5) Maths Transition booklet - another transition activity, this time from the Maths department. All instructions are on the booklet.
We have included electronic copies of the first 4 documents below, for your reference. Should you have changed address since applying for your child's place at Hungerhill, please email email@example.com to let us know, leaving your child's name, your name, your new address and a contact telephone number. We will then be able to arrange for a pack to be posted out to you.