Welcome to the Hungerhill School admissions page
Here you will find all the information needed to apply for a place at our outstanding school.
Facts about the school:
- Hungerhill School opened in 1976 as an 11-16 comprehensive school
- The school converted to Academy status on 1st March 2012
- There are currently 1193 students on the roll
- There are 196 members of staff
- Recent additions to the school buildings include a £1m two-storey teaching block with 9 classrooms (completed 2014) plus a £1.5m multi-functional teaching and learning resource centre complete with science labs and ICT suite (completed 2016).
- In 2017 the school successfully bid for Condition Improvement Funding for two projects to protect the school against flooding. Roofing repairs costing £550,000 and a new drainage system costing £450,000 were completed between May 2017 and January 2018.
- In 2018 a fitness centre fitted with professional grade gym equipment was installed in the PE block
Our Transition Programme:
- There are opportunities for primary schools to work collaboratively with Hungerhill
- Key staff members visit primary schools to meet individual students and talk to staff about individual needs
- There is an efficient transfer of progress data
- There are induction days in the Summer Term
Hungerhill School is currently oversubscribed. However, from time to time, vacancies do arise mid-year.
If parents or carers are interested in any possible vacancy, please contact the school and we will keep your information on file to contact you should a place become available.
Please contact the school Reception on 01302 885811.