Year 10 - all students - 8th - 12th July 2024
All year 10 students will be participating in the work experience week. Work experience is a great opportunity for students to gain an understanding of the work environment, increase independence and self-confidence and gain employability skills.
Students will need to find their own work experience placement.
Here are a few tips on finding a placement -
* Whichever sector you are interested in, research local companies.
* Check social media sites and websites, companies may have ways to apply to volunteer or apply for work experience.
* Contact the company professionally, going to see the employer in person or a phone call is usually best. Remember thank emails may go to junk folders.
* State why you would like to gain work experience/volunteer, what sort of role you feel would suit you and the availability you have.
* Following this, you may have an interview. Prepare for this as if it were a job interview.