Year 10 - all students - 10th - 14th July 2023
All year 10 students will be participating in the work experience week. Work experience is a great opportunity for students to gain an understanding of the work environment, increase independence and self-confidence and gain employability skills.
Students will need to find their own work experience placement.
Here are a few tips on finding a placement -
* Whichever sector you are interested in, research local companies.
* Check their social media sites and websites, they may have ways to apply to volunteer or apply for work experience.
* Contact the company professionally, going to see the employer in person or a phone call is usually best. Remember thank emails may go to junk folders.
* State why you would like to gain work experience/volunteer, what sort of role you feel would suit you and the availability you have.
* Following this, you may have an interview. Prepare for this as if it were a job interview.
* Deadline for completion of all work experience forms is 9am on Monday 27th March 2023. Please ensure that all forms are handed into Mrs Gratton in the Careers Office or to Mrs Hancock before this date.